Tuesday, February 21, 2012

the wasteland

Sitting at desk, falling in love with the cappuccino I just got (the first one in almost two weeks!) and looking forward to my parents' visit this Friday.

I am up to my ears and eyebrows in work this week, but I am hoping that starting next quad (three short weeks from now) I will have some lovely new photographs each week again.

Reading The Wasteland in Realism-Modernism again, and my professor somehow managed to close class with a statement that made T.S. Eliot trite:
"We just have to come together in love and read this poem in order to understand it."

Yes. The best literary critics do indeed just come together in love to critique modern works of disillusionment.

2 comments:

  1. It would help if you came together in love with cappucinos, I think. cjs

    ReplyDelete