Saturday, August 13, 2011

fin (the end)


C'est fini pour moi! Last night ended my job at day camp for the summer, although I only moved back up the hill to my house so it doesn't quite feel over yet. My week with first and second graders was wonderful this week, although they were all loose cannons and Bible Studies proved quite interesting (Luke, Tyler and Jared kept playing dead). We certainly had some beautiful and wild kids at camp this summer. So now I have a week to enjoy my family, rest, and get ready to move back to Chicago for another semester at Wheaton! I really don't know what the next few months will bring. Friends have transferred, I am living in upperclassmen dorms with a whole new community, no water polo, different work hours (yay!) and I am hopefully expectant for the good things of God. I ordered my textbooks this afternoon - more expensive than ever this semester.

Listening to Blake Lewis "When The Stars Go Blue" and deciding I truly love this song. The summer has been a good one for music - when you have 18 college students all living in close proximity the genres clash and blend and I have so many new favorite artists and songs to listen to. I have two new writing magazines from my mother to peruse sitting on the kitchen table, and am thinking of my father and brother as they road trip from California to Iowa in my brother's new car. In a few minutes staff are coming over for hot chocolate chip cookies and games, or maybe a movie, and I will be glad for the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment