Wednesday, May 25, 2011

fashion post no. 5

I've taken a few minutes this week to look through the Resort 2012 collections that are up on Vogue.com. I was a bit excited because normally the Resort collections are the most fun, and wearable, lines of the year. In fact, my favorite collections from years past are a few Resort collections. Much to my surprise, I was not that thrilled by MaxMara, Oscar de la Renta, or Bottega Veneta this year. The clothes were all lovely, but in such plain colors! I will never accept browns, blacks and tans as "reinventions" for spring and summer color palettes. Chanel, however, I loved, with lemon and lilac pastel suits, black and white summery ensembles in classic Channel tradition, and some truly fun details and patterns thrown in. Cheers to them for being able to re-invent the strappy sandal in a unique way as well! I love the beaded detailing in the strap and neckline of this dress, and the tennis-like pleats.

No comments:

Post a Comment