Saturday, July 31, 2010

Farewell Hoboken, Manhattan

So it is my last day here, and yesterday was my last official day of work. Cregan and Mindi had an engagement party in the city last night so I watched the kids until they got home around 11, including baby Asher. I can now say I am capable of caring for kids of absolutely all ages, including new newborns. Despite a late night, I woke up at 7AM this morning and made the kids breakfast, then went back to bed for a little while before getting up to decide what to wear on my very last day:
Sperry Topsiders

White cigarette capris

Blue washed tommy hilfiger boys dress shir

Ponytail

I am feeling East Coast preppy today for sure. I am going to go to the Museum of Natural History to see everything I missed with the kids (which was everything but the dinosaurs) and then going thrifting on the Upper West Side. I'll get frozen yoghurt (there is a place on the Upper West Side that is the best I have ever had ever ever) and then go down to Columbus Circle, weave through Central Park, and then hit Times Square for some cheap sunglasses. Naomi broke mine by accidentally jumping on them yesterday, but fortunately it's no problem because I am in the city of dirt cheap knock-offs.

I have had a great summer here, hard but good, and will miss Hoboken. I had so much fun with these kids! BUT I am extremely excited to leave for HoneyRock in a little over a week, and to start my life at Wheaton. Thanks for reading, and I will see you in a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment