Monday, July 26, 2010

Another Day, Another Lab

I took thing one and thing two to the park this morning, and they had a fun time swinging and Titus happily played tennis for a few hours. Naomi was so cute! She made friends with a few girls her age, and helped one of them on the swing. Quote: "Little girl, do you not know how to swing?" Keeping in mind that the "little girl" was exactly Naomi's age and size. Then they had a playdate with some friends in the pool all afternoon, and were having a blast playing games with Titus' orange spongey golf balls.

I walked to Washington St. to mail another handful of letters this afternoon, and had a nice quiet time sitting in the shade of the steps of Naomi's school across their street to write some more. At about 2:00 I took Naomi across the street to get a pizza for all of us and her friends for lunch, at Torna Pizzeria. It is an adorable and tiny place owned by an Italian family and very rough-cut, with good cheap pizza. Naomi had somehow met the wife of the owner, Angela, previously (Mindi has never been here, but I have taken Naomi a few times), and they are "best friends" as Naomi puts it. She went straight behind the counter and yelled "Angela?" and then proceeded to assist in the making of our large pepperoni pie while eating mozzerela cheese and raw pepperoni. Angela is very nice, she and I are now friends too, and she gave me a water while I waited for the pizza and we chatted. She was surprised that I was only 18, congratulated us on Asher's presence in our home, and pronounced Naomi to be an angel. Which, I have to say, Naomi was the whole time we were there! She also smiled at me and said she liked me very much, that I was sweet, and then only charged me $10 for the large pizza.

This could be the start of a beautiful friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment