Wednesday, August 28, 2013

a few of my favorite things (back to school edition)

I know it is still August. And I know that, at least in Wheaton, it is still 98 degrees and humid. And I know that (technically) I don't go back to school, perhaps . . . ever. Still, I am wildly excited (and a teeny bit nervous) to put on my back-to-school shoes tomorrow morning and go to my Advanced Sculpture class that I am auditing all fall. An IKEA trip last weekend brought me a giant mosquito net canopy for my bed, an orange-and-white polka dot rug for my feet, and a goodwill trip (Christopher said we could do whatever I wanted. It was IKEA and thrifting) got me a pile of snazzy new-old-things that it needs to be below 75 for me to wear.

A few updates:
1) My garden, grown and then potted and then transported and then re-potted, has born:

  •  2 Zinnia blooms
  • 2 Green beans
  • bushels of Tarragon, Basil, lemon-balm, rosemary and thyme
2) Today is Christopher & my official 6 month anniversary! (Last month he thought it was 6 months, and was so insistent on it I didn't put up much of a fight. We celebrated it and then I let him know, sweetly, a few days later).
3)  I am reading Jumpa Lahiri's The Namesake. It is beautiful.

And now, here are a few of my favorite things:



This gingko print from mytextiledesign.com
This dot-splat blouse from Boden USA


This tattoo. Except I would say, "Be Kind"

This book.

No comments:

Post a Comment