Thursday, November 15, 2012

fashion post no. 19

Untitled #58

 I have come a long way this semester in blending my penchant for crazy, dramatic style with practicality and comfort. 

Perhaps this is because I have been transitioning this year towards quality pieces and practicality, and am still learning to dress from a closet about half the size that it has been since high school. My shoes are all more clogs, birkenstocks, and sturdy boots than heels and flats, and I actually have a few pairs of jeans that I like wearing. What a revelation! For the first time in years I understand why people wear jeans. I have been admiring the style of my friend Anna, who somehow manages to layer scarves, cotton dresses or t-shirts, jeans, socks and warm sweaters and still look cute.

 So the above (plus socks) has become my favorite default uniform. I bought a few size XL gray boyfriend v-neck t shirts at Target and cannot believe I have been living my life without them. Still, I cannot escape my standard skinny-on-bottom wide-cut-on-top silhouette (which comes from me having long little legs and a short round top). I don't know if I will ever get out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment