Tuesday, June 12, 2012

literary humor



Here is my life:

Clean blue and white sheets in my room.
Hot afternoons with the ceiling fan.
Words words words:
"As soon as he entered the forest his heart leapt within his breast because of the gentle weather and the songs he heard from the joyful birds; all those things brought him pleasure. Because of the sweet calm weather he lifted the bridle from his horse's head and let it wander along grazing through the fresh green grass." The Story of the Grail (Perceval) by Chretien de Troyes

I joked today at dinner that I really wanted to go sit in a cool dark movie theater and be anonymous while watching a new romantic comedy, and while I had to read Chretien de Troyes "Lancelot", it was like a romantic comedy, so really it's the same evening pastime.

Oh dear, the literary jokes are encroaching . . . the more time I spend in class, the more I find them funny . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment