1) The obnoxiously oversized scarf. (See bottom photo). So big that it doesn't matter if your chin looks fat today. So big that you can wear yesterday's shirt. So big that all anyone sees of you is your eyes. I made mine by sewing two giant print pashminas together. THAT BIG.
2) Tall, colored rainboots (see second-to-last photo). Worn with knee socks, in shades of red, green, navy or even pink. On a day like today (it is snowing dinner plates) they are indispensable).
3) Oversized cashmere sweaters. Don't have to explain this one.
4) The lightweight waterproof trench/duffel coat (see top photo) sometimes I want to wear a warm sweater and I am sick of heavy coats. And it has rained and sleeted a lot this winter. So use a GIANT scarf and a GIANT cashmere or wool sweater and a throw on a thin coat. Voila!
5) Plaid and striped men's Oxford shirts. Worn with everything. Everything!
photos courtesy of pinterest.com (which I know is like saying "photo courtesy of google" but I am lazy right now by the fire, so just know they aren't mine. In fact, they probably came from other blogs similar to mine. Check the list below if you need a new fashion blog).
The Clothes Horse
Musings in Femininity