Thursday, November 17, 2011

the week before thanksgiving

Tomorrow I go home, tomorrow I go home!

In the words of Lydia M. Child, ever-dramatic: "Home - that blessed word, which opens to the human heart the most perfect glimpse of Heaven, and helps to carry it thither, as on angel's wings."

Things I am looking forward to:


  1. Fog (That great, gray-green damp that rolls thickly up from the ocean and makes everything misty and mysterious. I miss it here.)

  2. Homemade food. Good meat (Have eaten meat a total of 6 times this semester at school). Pastries from Gayle's and The Buttery. Fruit.

  3. Kisses from my mother and father.

  4. Seeing my grandparents and tante and uncle and cousin and friends and being able to tell them I love them while I am with them.

  5. Dancing with my dog, Axel.

  6. Taking pictures of everything I see, so I can look at them later and say look! home!

  7. Ocean and mountains.

  8. Pecan and Pumpkin pie and carrot souffle from my mother's kitchen, and STUFFING.

  9. Watching the new Twilight movie with my sister, giggling because it is so terrible but loving it nonetheless.

  10. Going to sleep in the same bed I have slept in since I was seven or eight year old, in my little room with orange walls and French posters, and KNOWING I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL THE NEXT MORNING.

And here's the new Marcell the Shell, because, ok, I love that little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment