In the words of Lydia M. Child, ever-dramatic: "Home - that blessed word, which opens to the human heart the most perfect glimpse of Heaven, and helps to carry it thither, as on angel's wings."
Things I am looking forward to:
- Fog (That great, gray-green damp that rolls thickly up from the ocean and makes everything misty and mysterious. I miss it here.)
- Homemade food. Good meat (Have eaten meat a total of 6 times this semester at school). Pastries from Gayle's and The Buttery. Fruit.
- Kisses from my mother and father.
- Seeing my grandparents and tante and uncle and cousin and friends and being able to tell them I love them while I am with them.
- Dancing with my dog, Axel.
- Taking pictures of everything I see, so I can look at them later and say look! home!
- Ocean and mountains.
- Pecan and Pumpkin pie and carrot souffle from my mother's kitchen, and STUFFING.
- Watching the new Twilight movie with my sister, giggling because it is so terrible but loving it nonetheless.
- Going to sleep in the same bed I have slept in since I was seven or eight year old, in my little room with orange walls and French posters, and KNOWING I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL THE NEXT MORNING.
And here's the new Marcell the Shell, because, ok, I love that little guy.