Sunday, March 27, 2011

fashion post no.3

Fall ready-to-wear 2011 (not that I want to be thinking about dressing for anything but Summer at present) collections are positively fantastic this year. I even liked Miu Miu's collection with its seventies glamour and fifties class. My favorite collection by far is Alberta Ferreti's: bright colors balanced by sharply tailored cuts, rich fabrics, and my very favorite 1963 silhouette: the boxy mini. I would wear it all with great delight.

I have been balancing my great love of high fashion with the eco-friendly and less expensive practicalities of thrifting, altering, bargain hunting and borrowing for years, but sometimes I see some (fantastic orange coat) piece that, had I the extra few grand, I would be purchasing in a heartbeat regardless of the extravagance. This particular coat - not to mention the blue boots - could be extraordinary with jeans, a black t-shirt and clogs, over a tailored grey wool work dress, or with nude patent stilletos and an orange, tan and pink vintage patterned dress.

Check out the collection for yourself here and pick out your favorite electric coat or mini to dream about.

1 comment: