Sunday, December 26, 2010

sunday morning


But all of the previous post is now 'last Christmas' and it is practically a new year. And I am deciding on paper for thank you notes - because generosity has abounded in our home again, and I am so blessed by my family. I will balance my check book and prepare for a semester of economizing, then begin to read some of my delightful new books. "The Israeli-Palastine Conflict," "A History of US Foreign Policy,""The Essential Haiku: Versions of Basho, Buson and Issa," "73 Poems" by e.e. cummings, and several introductory Arabic volumes. And in enthusiasm for my new and generously given literature, here are some drops of poetry:

Do you remember

How a golden
broom grows on Asked how old he was,
the sea branches the boy in the new kimono
SAPPHO stretched out all five fingers.
ISSA



P.S. The photo is of a beautiful sketch in the SF Science Institute from an expedition to the Galapagos.

No comments:

Post a Comment