Monday, May 7, 2012

sunshine in may




I have been out sunning on my deck for the last few days, reading silly beach-y novels, taking naps, and going out stand-up paddleboarding and for an ocean swim with my family. I made iced tea with fresh lemonbalm leaves for the fridge, completely unpacked my huge suitcases, put up curtains in my room with plans to repaint and am doing a little sewing and mending and tailoring in preparation for England. Today is my father's 50th birthday, and dinner party with friends, and I am just working on the card after I post these sunny retro photos from my pinterest.

Also, a wee quote for you: "Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." So sayeth GK Chesterton, and so now my May project is a cheese-involved poem.

Hope everything is sunny and beautiful wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment