Thursday, March 15, 2012

quotes, weather, and stripes du jour


"She was feeling the pressure of the world outside, she wanted to see him and feel his presence beside her and be reassured that she was doing the right thing after all." The Great Gatsby

I would like to throw in a quote from Hemingway's In Our Time, a collection of short stories and vignettes which I am reading for a class, but to be honest I am not the most raving of Hemingway fans and I couldn't find anything sufficiently appropriate to post. It's all very bloody and visceral without any real pain (because of all the manliness).

Flying home tomorrow for my birthday, thrilled to spend a day in San Francisco with my family, hopefully at the SFMOMA or de Young, eating something delicious. On the fashion front: still just love love loving stripes - skirts and dresses and most especially that 3/4 sleeve boatneck sailor jersey. The best part about stripes is that I will be able to love them long term - they are a classic. The bottom blouse is from LemLem, which is a wonderful cause and makes darling ethnic stripey things, if far too pricey for me.

Weather Alert: It is unnervingly warm and even a bit muggy this week in the area - I feel joyful for the warmth and sun but the animal in me is waiting for some huge natural disaster.

photos courtesy of: lemlem.com, shoppenelopes.com, and bakingandtiedie.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment