Thursday, March 29, 2012

penny loafer dreamin'

penny loafer dreamin'


Looking forward to May, when I can go out thrifting or shopping with my baby sister, and looking forward to June, when I can face the challenge of packing for 8 weeks in England as sparsely as possible.

Next stop on my path to Sloane Rangership: loafers for this summer. I found a beautiful pair of Tod's at a thrift store in Santa Cruz, but they were maroon and I ended up passing on them (which I now regret). Such is the life of a chronic thrifter.

Here's a lovely quote that I keep thinking of, especially when at the Art Institute. Wonder of wonders, through someone's donation the Chicago Art Institute is now free to Wheaton students! Planning on heading over for the afternoon this Saturday, in fact, and absorbing a little good old fashioned culture, Daisy Miller style.



By a curious confusion, many modern critics have passed from the proposition that a masterpiece may be unpopular to the other proposition that unless it is unpopular it cannot be a masterpiece.
[info][add][mail]
G. K. Chesterton

No comments:

Post a Comment