Monday, March 12, 2012

hello friends!

I'm back safely in Wheaton, where it is strangely warm and gusty, after a week in Denver for Spring Break doing homeless ministry, service, and experiential learning. I love Denver, Boulder, Colorado in general. My favorite photo is of the pawn shop - "We buy gold, diamonds and guns."

There are things that burn me now
Which turn golden when I am happy.
Do you see the mystery of our pain?
That we bear poverty
And are able to sing and dream sweet things

-excerpt, Ben Okri "An African Elegy"

I am eating spicy olives and Fromage Blanc for a late lunch, anticipating a week of warm weather and a surprise trip home this weekend for my birthday. If you had spring break, I hope it was vraiment fantastique, and if your week is full of work right now - bon chance!



xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment