Monday, February 6, 2012

BONJOUR bonjour, mes petites copines, all is well? I am curled on my quilt-draped couch in the corner room on the first floor of my frosty brick dormitory (aka my room) (don't you just love the word 'dormitory') wearing (leggings and knit socks and an old crewneck) something very cozy and chic.

I was busy this weekend home in Ca-Li-Fornia loving sixty-five and sunshine, scones from my mama's kitchen, watching Downton Abbey on the couch and going with my family to walk along the beach. Mmmmm. Somehow, coming back to frigid Chicago classes is a bit of a letdown. I'll try to get over it.

 Here's a chipper quote for the day: "And you can tell everybody that this is our song. It may be quite simple, but now that it's done . . . I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is, now you're in the world." Sir Elton John

 Guess what soundtrack I've been listening to . . . **

 And a surprise link. To my very favorite new little painter, whose work is colorful and darling and so lovely. Hope you like them as much as I do!
The photo is one of hers (Lulie Wallace).

**That's right, Moulin Rouge. Like Glee, or Across the Universe, I know the originals are better but for some reason I just love all those wonderful, peppy covers. Ah well. I am well resigned to my occasional musical tackiness.

Ciao! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment