Tuesday, November 29, 2011

flurries are falling

here


here

here

here


here


Blowing, not falling, really. It's extremely windy out, and I wore my knee-length black down coat (I'm like a cute little raisin in it!) for the first time today. I keep looking out the window at work to see a few flurries of snow, big clotted flakes, and then nothing for a while.


So, we are two days away from December! There are evergreen wreaths all over campus, and lights and bows in the dining hall, and I am recalling a post on the forum wall at the post office last year debasing bows as Christmas-tree toppers. I believe the argument was that a star or angel topping a tree was the only thing that salvaged the heathenism of the tradition, and putting a bow on the top of Wheaton's giant tree in Blanchard was an affront to the birth of Christ and the college, etc.


Amazing what people have time to write about.


I am still coaxing myself into festivity, so here is Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters with a little music for y'all. And in case you just don't know what to buy someone for Christmas (giving isn't the reason for the season, but it sure is nice) may I recommend etsy? There is truly something fun and unique for everyone there, and you don't even have to look at my shop.


See what I did there?

Anyway, above are some snaps of a few of my favorite things I have seen on etsy recently, and am mulling over purchasing for various members of my family and friends. Plus, I get to go to the Renegade Craft Fair for a bit this Sunday, because it is conveniently happening the one day I am free in the next three weeks, and has tons of darling vendors with fantastic handmade things. Good thing I am working all day Friday and Saturday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment