Saturday, July 16, 2011

visual update





Spending the day at home after watching My Fair Lady and Breakfast at Tiffany's last night at my lovely boss Heidi's home. It is sunny and beautiful, and I put on a clean dress and my favorite clogs and found new gel for my hair today in one of our drawers. Cooked up zucchini, tomatoes and squash from our garden for lunch and it was delicious (tasted like sunshine) and then followed my mother's recommendation to check out our garden. Everything is growing! The tomatoes have gotten HUGE in the past two weeks, the zinnias are starting to bloom, the roses are going for a second round of blooms and the wisteria has been climbing everywhere. We are going to have zucchini, tomatoes, pumpkins, apples figs and green beans in abundance. My father came home from visiting my brother in Iowa with a beautiful new copy of Pride and Prejudice for me, and I am treasuring the gift of good literature.

"It was generally evident, whenever they met, that he did admire her; and to her it was equally evident that Jane was yielding to the preference which she had begun to entertain for him from the first, and was in a way to be very much in love; but she considered with pleasure that it was not likely to be discovered by the world in general, since Jane united with great strength of feeling, a composure of temper and an uniform cheerfulness of manner, which would guard her from the suspicions of the impertinent." p 22

I'm off to see Harry Potter 7 II in a little while with my family and then will hurdle headlong into another busy and wonderful week of camp! May I ever be guarded from the suspicions of the impertinent.

1 comment:

  1. Breakfast at Tiffany's was originally written by Truman Capote then adapted for the screen.

    ReplyDelete