Tuesday, February 1, 2011

blizzard





For me, blizzards are a thing from Wendy's or Little House on the Prairie, when Pa has to get to the barn to milk the wailing cows by holding onto a rope so he doesn't get lost and buried. The concept that I would want to hold onto something to walk to the gym safely in Chicago February never occurred!

Sub-zero temperatures, predicted ten foot drifts, icy winds and flurries of pelting snow galore. At the height of the storm the powers that be say we won't be able to see two feet in front of our own faces. I didn't venture out for breakfast or lunch, but instead stayed in bed reading and watching the white squall outside my window. By two o'clock, however, I was hungry enough to put on my long plaid coat, legwarmers and rubber boots to walk and get a muffin and coffee. Was almost blown over walking back, and got ice in my ear. Despite the impressive display of nature's fury, there is a plus side: no class today or tomorrow. I bet you still have to go to school in that California sun now don't you?

1 comment:

  1. What a great wool coat!
    Bet no one else has one exactly like it either.

    ReplyDelete